If you want to build a successful business, talk to somebody who's impartial and has already done that.
George RossTop Business Adviser, Coach, Author, Celebrity Apprentice Judge
Interview with George Ross: Leadership Challenges. What are leaders facing, what can they do about it? What does it take to lead organizations now?
Here are some other things George Ross had to say about being successful in business.
You started negotiating the day you were born. Negotiation is about coming together and finding the common ground; it’s a lot of work, and you have to go through a lot of crap to get the outcome you need. It’s not about winning, it’s about getting to a point where you’re getting a good outcome for all parties.
3 of the most sought after characteristics in negotiators:
- Personality – a negotiator will find more success if the people he/she is negotiating with likes the person sitting across the table from them
- Knowledge of Human Nature – if you understand human nature, you can predict what people will do in certain situations
- Ability to Handle Information – you need to be able to take in and assimilate large amounts of information and understand how it all fits together
Other key points for business leaders today
- Unpredictability: There is a lot of unpredictability in the world – what’s happening, how it will affect your business and people. Some people live in fear of that unpredictability, they are fatalists; but you need to learn live your life with some unpredictability.
- Leadership: Social media, the media, the way the world is changing daily can have a jarring affect on business. Leaders need to define themselves, and be strong.
- Insecurity: In spite of insecurity – expansion, contraction, making more, making less – you need to take a stand and hope you’re right. But even if you’re wrong, you will learn either way. You won’t be right all of the time. Learn from it.
- Adaptability and Coachability: You need adaptable leadership, keep your mind open. What is the probability that something will work? Good executives get good advice, they surround themselves with experts and coaches that will help them be more adaptable and open minded.”
CEO + Founder
With over 20 years of experience in transforming and driving a variety of businesses forward, Christine is a master coach and an expert at helping organizations and individuals achieve greater levels of performance and success.